Monday, May 29, 2006

Last Days on the North Island



Well, we're heading south for the winter. No, really. We're heading south INTO winter. We've got our touques and gloves and longjohns and we're set! Before we go, though, please enjoy some sunshiney pictures of our last few days on the north island...(sob sniffle)...WWaaahhh!!!

At Muriwai Beach these rocks have been carved out by the ocean. A blowhole formed and splashes water with every surge. Amazing!

I'm no Moses, but what I CAN do is throw my arms up at the same time that water splashes. Impressed?

Who blew a bubble around the sun? And how?

I'm glad I didn't have to pick that one! I got to climb inside of it, though!

Last days at our home on Tay Street. Shane's playing with me today because there is no surf.

No, no, no, Shane! Just the WATER falls down Whangarei Falls!

From sunrise to sunset (no exaggeration) this is what we saw! And they're too hard to eat still!

Sunrise at Tay Street, one last time...

2 Comments:

At 11:29 a.m., Blogger Rachel & Shanon said...

Your great photos almost make me homesick! I get back to NZ on July 2, so I hope I´ll have a chance to see you guys before you head home. Have an excellent time in the South Island!

Rachel

 
At 11:34 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys!!
You guys look awesome. I am so happy for you that you got to do this. Tracey, I especially love the Moses trick. When I read that I thought, "that's so tracey"
Lookin' forward to you guys coming back. Be safe, have fun and make a baby!! hah aha aha ah!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home