Friday, April 07, 2006

30,000 Kiwifruit

Hey everyone!

It's almost been 2 whole months that we've been gone and we miss you all like crazy! Even though we talk about home a lot, we are not forgetting to pay attention to our experiences down here. One in particular that I would like to forget, though, is kiwifruit picking in Te Puke. I can't even believe how hard fruit picking is...neither can my arms! They are so tired I could barely paddle out this morning! Regardless, "work will make this trip all the better" is what I keep telling myself. We're heading down to the south island for our 4-day tramp over Easter weekend so we'll post some phenomenal pictures for you after that. Thanks for all the notes and emails keeping us updated down here. We'll see you in a few months!

4 Comments:

At 11:48 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tracey and Shane:
After all your hard work picking kiwi, how much did you actually earn!! Keep having fun on your trip - Happy Easter - Love..Auntie B.

 
At 5:02 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to aplogize to you both for your table, Orianna decided that she wanted the table top colored in red and blue crayon. Ive tried to wash as much off as possible, would it be ok if Ryan sanded and stained it? All the best with the kiwi picking. Happy Bunny Ears.

 
At 9:11 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys!
This is my first comment. Yeah, I know.
Happy Easter!
Love the Hot Buttered, Tracey! And oh man that van is pretty hot-looking on the beach.
Did I tell you we bought a house ? Kaahrazee!
Derek (my brother) told me that he lived in Te Puke for a month, packing kiwis. So I guess he feels your pain.
Talk to you later!

 
At 2:49 p.m., Blogger captivating said...

Good times... I hope you learn from your experiences and get an education so you don't have to do things like pick fruit. Oh wait you do have a degree and a trade. Silly me. No, silly you. LOL!

Seriously cool pictures guys. I was almost in tears the other day when I picked up the phone to call you and remembered I couldn't.

Sista Tammy (maybe little pinch?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home