Sunday, July 16, 2006

Australia - Speed Sightseeing

HIYA!!! We actually made it to Oz! Thanks to the Lord's answer to our prayer, we sold the van in NZ quickly...the night we posted our ad...for what we paid for it! Amazing! So, we bought tickets the next day and flew out the next! We only had 4 full days, so we crammed in a lot of stuff!

We flew into Brisbane and stayed with Shane's friend Mike for 2 days. We walked around Brisbane (great shopping) the went to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary where we cuddled a koala named Mark (I have a picture!), fed kangaroos (technically wallabies, but whatever) and saw tonnes of native Aussie animals like dingos, wombats, lorikeets, kookaburas, emus, and alligators. Then we headed down the Gold Coast to Surfer's Paradise (a nicer, newer Waikiki) and Shane surfed Snapper Rocks with a local (he had a fin!) Then we went to the famous Byron Bay lighthouse, spotted wild kangaroos and surfed at Coff's Harbour. After sleeping in Newcastle in the rain, we drove to Sydney in the rain. We attended a Hillsong service (amazing campus) and saw Sydney's lights from across the harbour. We didn't know if the sun would come out for us, but it did so we spent the day in Sydney then snuck a sunset surf in at Dee Why beach. What a way to end our days in Oz!

I know there's more I want to say, but I'm sleepy and I have to get on another plane tomorrow morning. So, good night, enjoy the pictures and I'll see y'all in less than 2 weeks! yay!

Congratulations, Ryan and Lori!!!! (they got married!) See you soon!

This guy needs a teddy bear!

"Finally! Someone who will eat out of my hand!"

"I don't care how HIGH you can jump! I'm still taller!"


How cute are these guys?

This guy was just waking up when we walked by! Sooo cute!

Shane is carving at Snapper Rocks! I think he's looking at his finned friend!


THE Byron Bay lighthouse. 1901, I think.

I still can't believe we were at the Sydney Opera House! Did you know it was designed with orange segments? I'm not even joking. Really.

And there's the Sydney Harbour Bridge. The train we took from Turramurra crossed it! Very cool.

And here is my cute husband in Sydney, Australia. What an adventure!


2 Comments:

At 6:59 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I have to say is wow. Great pics once again guys. Can't wait to see you in the fall. Miss you guys lots.

Love Jeff and Kim

 
At 8:19 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks trace for the acknowlegement on your post, we were thinking of you both and where you were. looks like you had the cuter company, im not sure what happened with the photographer he just kind of left at some point. But what a fantastic day it was i cant wait to get together with you both. enjoy your last few weeks before you come back. xox Mr and Mrs Ryan Reda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home